List:       amanda-users
Subject:    active/passive HA client backup
From:       Darin Perusich <darin.perusich () cognigencorp ! com>
Date:       2010-07-30 18:50:36

Hello all,

I want to setup Amanda to backup the file systems, drbd devices, of an
active/passive cluster over the shared IP addresses. But when I
configure it this always fails w/ "timeout waiting for ACK". Is this
possible?

What I've been doing is updating my disklist so the backups to use the
active node but I'd rather use the shared IP address. Having to update
the disklist in the event of failover, which happened last night, is an
inconvenience and one more thing I'd rather not have to think about.

Thanks!

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator