List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: Anybody having experience with Dell LT2000 or LT4000 	tape	changer?
From:       Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu () fedasil ! be>
Date:       2007-09-21 13:30:26

Message en plusieurs parties au format MIME
--=_alternative 004A32B4C125735D_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

owner-amanda-users@amanda.org a écrit sur 20/09/2007 15:15:27 :

> I'm also looking at buying some TL4000 units to use with Centos5 (~
RHEL5)
> and need to know if I can use the SAS version.
>
> A closer look at the documentation you provided, makes me think that
these
> are in fact re-badged  IBM® System Storage TS3100/TS3200 units.
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3100/index.html
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3200/index.html

You're probably correct. Dell uses to sell IBM rebranded stuff.

For example, I've a Dell Powervault 110T (LTO3) tape drive which is
recognised as an IBM tape drive at boot time.

> Has anyone tried these with AMANDA, or even, has anyone used a SAS
> autoloader with AMANDA?
>
> I'd hate to suddenly have to go to my Director and ask for extra cash
for a
> commercial backup solution, after using AMANDA for 5 years!

Let's wait a few weeks (months?), and I'll be able to help you; I have
just ordered the TL2000 SAS.

However, as Chris points out in his email, this tape changer is reported
to be working with Linux. And, as Amanda uses barely only regular Linux
tools, I guess Amanda will be able to work with it (crossing my fingers
:-p ).

Cheers,

Cyrille

--=_alternative 004A32B4C125735D_Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

15:15:27 :<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I'm also looking at buying some TL4000 units to use with Centos5 (~
RHEL5)<br>
&gt; and need to know if I can use the SAS version.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; A closer look at the documentation you provided, makes me think that
these<br>
&gt; are in fact re-badged &nbsp;IBM® System Storage TS3100/TS3200 units.
&gt; <br>
&gt; http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3100/index.html<br>
&gt; http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3200/index.html</tt></font>
stuff.</tt></font>
drive which is recognised as an IBM tape drive at boot time.</tt></font>
&gt; Has anyone tried these with AMANDA, or even, has anyone used a SAS<br>
&gt; autoloader with AMANDA?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I'd hate to suddenly have to go to my Director and ask for extra cash
for a<br>
&gt; commercial backup solution, after using AMANDA for 5 years!<br>
</tt></font>
to help you; I have just ordered the TL2000 SAS.</tt></font>
changer is reported to be working with Linux. And, as Amanda uses barely
only regular Linux tools, I guess Amanda will be able to work with it (crossing
my fingers :-p ).</tt></font>
--=_alternative 004A32B4C125735D_=--