List:       amanda-users
Subject:    config name change
From:       Jon LaBadie <jon () jgcomp ! com>
Date:       2006-08-28 15:02:57

Can anyone supply their experiences in changing the name
of an amanda configuration?

Months back I aquired an old PC and set it up as standalone
amanda server.  I first set it up using my DDS changer I
had used on the old server (config tstdds).  Then I got
a good deal on eBay for an lto-1 drive, thus, config tstlto.
That is now being used for non-daily offline archives.

But the goal was to use virtual tape.  I got external drives
and set up config "tstvt" and it has been working fine for
several months.  But tstvt is a pretty stupid config name
for my primary, daily backup configuration ;))

I don't wish to change anything else, just the config name.
Tape labels (vtape-##) can stay the same.

Can it really be as simple as a few directory name changes,
a few entries in amanda.conf (eg. indexdir), and a change
to my crontab entries?  And no changes needed on clients?

jl

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing