List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Problem with windows 2000 Professional
From:       Christophe Condomines <condomines () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2001-11-29 14:08:53

Hi,

I am testing Amanda for my backup solution.
I use Amanda 2.2.4p2 on a Linux Red Hat 7.1 and
without any tape for the test.
The backup works fine on linux.

I use samba 2.2.2 for the windows clients :
that works with NT and 98, but on windows 2000, the
amdump starts and
finally freeze.
I have checked the use of smbclient and a command
like tar c test.tar
produces the same freeze : smbclient starts to
retrieve some files and
finally stop. It's not always on the same file, it's
not always the same size, ...
Any suggestion ?

I also try the amanda win32 client, failed on win95,
works on win2k
but very slowly.
Any comments ?

=====