List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: linuxconf module for amanda
From:       Alexandre Oliva <oliva () lsd ! ic ! unicamp ! br>
Date:       2000-09-16 0:56:03

On Sep 15, 2000, Daniel Mealha Cabrita <dancab@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> 1. - may i inherit from more than one section, in the same section?

If you mean dumptype, yes.  IIRC, the values overridden by the last
dumptype prevail.  In fact, a dumptype name becomes an alias to all
options set in it.

> 2. - i suppose that Amanda heritage system is not group positioning
> dependant

It is.  dumptype options are processed as the file is read, and a
dumptype name becomes an option only after it is defined.

> 3. - may _all_ the groups have heritage?

Nope.  The first one cannot refer to a dumptype that comes before it,
since there isn't any :-)

> (unfortunately these points above aren't clear in documentation, i
> have to predict these since i'm writting a configurator and not just
> configuring Amanda for my own use)

A patch for the docs clarifying this would be appreciated :-)