List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: Linux RAID 0 partitions return 'not found' error
From:       Alexandre Oliva <oliva () dcc ! unicamp ! br>
Date:       1997-11-17 9:12:28

Aaron Lee writes:

> the RAID driver seems not to work properly w/ dump -8, reporting
> incorrect or nonexisitent info.

Does that mean dump does not support RAID filesystems on Linux?  Isn't
there any alternate dump program for RAID filesystems?

> I tried using tar to get the mounted partitions, but got this error:

> /usr/local/md/spam 0 [disk /usr/local/md/spam offline on raptor?

You must use GNU tar 1.12, is that the version you're running?  What
does raptor's /tmp/sendsize.debug contain?

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org