List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: Wrong strategy for taper LFFO
From:       Kris Boulez <kris () uunet ! be>
Date:       1997-07-31 9:45:07

On Wed, Jul 30, 1997 at 11:29:06AM -0700, Anthony Talltree wrote:
> >  Suppose I have to dump a lot of large
> >filesystems, and two of them will never fit the holding disk at once.
>
> I'd say that that's a bad situation to be in anyway.  I try to keep my
> filesystems smaller than 2G partly to avoid this sort of conflict -- and
> to stay under the tapehost's file-size limit.

I'm now using amanda to backup ~90 filesystems which have a maximum total
size of 70M. I'm using a DLT4000  and a 4GB HD and I see that the tape is
waiting a big part of the time (the dlt can dump 10 times faster than the
network can provide data). I think I'll have to talk with my boss
about getting a bigger holding disk / faster network.
Is there some place where I can find a description of the various entries
in the amdump file. I figured most of them out by looking at amplot.

Kris,
--
Kris Boulez			 		        kris@uunet.be
UUNET Benelux                                        Berchem, Belgium