List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    New platform...
From:       Andrew Whyte <whytea () alpha-pan ! cqu ! edu ! au>
Date:       1997-07-13 5:08:52

Greetings,

I have just compiled AMANDA on a Digital Alpha running RedHat Linux 4.1.

The configure script told me that this was an unknown platform, so I thought
I'd mail you and tell you what I had to do in order to get it to finish compiling.

1) common-src/infofile.c
   added   #include <ndbm.h>
   under previous include statments..

   Why? - It was complaining about an error before "*" line 37 infofile.c
   Reason - You include gdbm.h before ndbm.h and this machine has both,
   but for some reason gdbm.h doesn't let it work.

2> common-src/check_exclude.h
   copied the FNM_LEADING_DIR define line out to below the
   ifdef/endif pair...

   Why? - was complaining that the FNM_LEADING_DIR wasn't defined..

I know what I did is not the right way to fix it, but hey it worked...
Also I got a lot of warnings that __LITTLE_ENDIAN was being redefinded.
buggers me why, just conflicting include files /usr/include/endian.h and /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h

Anyway, just so you know, and can hopefully add in these changes..
Cheers, Andrew

--
Andrew Whyte - Systems Administrator
Dept. Maths & Computing