List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    looking for option.... no-hold0
From:       rel () mtu ! edu (Robert E !  Landsparger)
Date:       1995-11-23 19:49:33

I am running amanda-2.2.6.5 on a Solaris2.4 dump host.  I am dumping a
4.0Gb (60% compression).  This did not work until I used the no-hold
option due to my holding disk being 4gb.  Apparently amanda uses lseek()
to monitor something on the holding disk and this breaks amanda when the
holding file gets over 2gb.  I have 5 disks with >2gb partitions, and
am using the no-hold option to dump them.  Now, the questions:

	1 - Has anyone gotten >2gb holding files to work on a holding
	    disk >2gb?  Under solaris2.x?

	2 - How hard would it be to hack in a new option to say that
	    level 0 dumps are no-hold, but
	    incremental dumps are allowed to go to holding disk?

I would prefer that I get option 1 to work. Thanks for any help in this
matter.

rel

--
Robert E. Landsparger * rel@mtu.edu *