List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    "skip-incr" doesn't always skip...
From:       Robert Tarrall <tarrall () solarz ! Colorado ! EDU>
Date:       1995-11-02 18:19:49

Has anyone run into problems with the "skip-incr" option failing
to skip incrementals on some disks?  We have this option set on
all dumptypes in the amanda.conf for our archival backups, and yet
still see incrementals done of some disks.

Amanda does level 1s of some disks each time we run dumps with
this config.  They're always disks that planner complains
"can't get estimate for xxx:yyy, using historical data".  I'm
not sure why it can't get the estimates - possibly things timeout
before the estimates come back.

In any case, I'd like to ensure that NEVER, under ANY circumstances,
do I get an incremental from a disk marked "skip-incr" in amanda.conf.
Before I go code-hacking, has anyone already looked into this?  Jaime?
Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Thanks much -

                       -Robert Tarrall.-
                       Unix System/Network Admin