List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    amrecover quoted strings
From:       Ian Turner <vectro () vectro ! org>
Date:       2018-04-12 18:19:49

Hi folks,

I've noticed a bug in amrecover. Strings can be quoted with double
quotes (""), but the quotes are not stripped before being used. Thus, in
practice, strings with spaces cannot be used in amrecover.

You can see this in action with for example setdevice (note the
doubled-up quotes on the second response).

amrecover> setdevice file:/media/vectro/Backup
3/amanda-volumes/vectro.org-backup3-vol1
Invalid argument
amrecover> setdevice "file:/media/vectro/Backup
3/amanda-volumes/vectro.org-backup3-vol1"
Using tape ""file:/media/vectro/Backup
3/amanda-volumes/vectro.org-backup3-vol1"".
Tape server unspecified, assumed to be localhost.

I would argue the bug is on line 149 of uscan.l, which just returns the
quote string with quotes and all.

Regards,

Ian