List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: Makefile bug prevents building outside of source tree
From:       "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin () zmanda ! com>
Date:       2010-09-10 1:28:07

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
> There's a tiny bug in the top level Makefile that prevents building outside
> the source tree. Patch attached. (Is there a dedicated address for
> submitting bugs?)

The patch is perfect, and this is exactly the right place to send
patches (other options are github pull requests and private email,
although I prefer to do things i the open as much as possible).

Since this is a one-liner, I'll get this committed straight away.  If
you send along any longer patches, please also let me know how you'd
like them licensed, so I can make the proper notation in AUTHORS -
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Licensing_your_Contribution.

My addition of installcheck/catalogs/*.cat has broken the ability to
run checks from outside the source directory, so I'll work on fixing
that up, too.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer