List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: pie patch
From:       "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin () zmanda ! com>
Date:       2008-10-08 15:22:45

OK, thanks for answering my (admittedly stupid) questions. I'm
surprised that libtool doesn't support this -- it does have support
for PIC (--with-pic).

Can you draft another patch that includes the autoconf magic you
described earlier, and applies against trunk?  Also, it might be
easier to do something like:

EXEC_CFLAGS = $(PIE_CFLAGS)  $(AMANDA_WARNING_CFLAGS)
EXEC_LDFLAGS = $(PIE_LDFLAGS)  $(AMANDA_STATIC_LDFLAGS)
LIB_LDFLAGS = $(AMANDA_STATIC_LDFLAGS)

and then set the defaults:
AM_CFLAGS = $(EXEC_CFLAGS)
AM_LDFLAGS = $(EXEC_LDFLAGS)

and only override those defaults for libs:
libamserver_la_LDFLAGS = $(LIB_LDFLAGS) -release $(VERSION)

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com