List:       amanda-hackers
Subject:    Re: draft for a wrapper-helper-script (was: Backing up VMware-VMs)
From:       "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin () zmanda ! com>
Date:       2008-02-28 18:26:03

(Switching thread to amanda-hackers)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> wrote:
> Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
>  Attached you find my current draft of handle_vms.sh, which I use with
>  amgtar to handle the running VMs on the given host.

Jean-Louis is adding a pre- and post-script API to the next release of
Amanda (2.6.1).  This is *exactly* the kind of thing such scripts are
for.  It would be great if the release could also include some
scripts, either as examples or usable out-of-the-box or both.  Stefan,
would you be interested in adapting and generalizing your script for
inclusion?

Who else has scripts that would fit this mold?

Please take a look at the wiki page on the new API:
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Pre%26Post_script_API
and post any questions/comments here.

Dustin

--