List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    [Alsaplayer-devel] crash with levelmeter scope
From:       Dominique Michel <dominique.michel () citycable ! ch>
Date:       2007-05-20 16:40:04

Alsaplayer was crashing every time I started the levelmeter scope plugin with
this error:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

I found a solution in this wiki:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Xorg_X11_and_Transparency#Troubleshooting

To start AP with:
XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 alsaplayer
does at it doesn't crash anymore with this scope. It work even fine.

Does we worry about this or just add some words in the doc?
The other scope plugins are working fine without this workaround, so I think at
this must be treated as a bug.

Ciao,
Dominique