List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel] alsaplayer - unexpected speed change
From:       Frank Baumgart <godot () uni-paderborn ! de>
Date:       2004-11-19 20:19:43

Hi Andy,

> This bug is fixed in CVS...

I don't think so.

My configuration:

- latest CVS plus some own embedded-oriented patches.
- OSS, not ALSA
- Linux 2.6.9
- no use of "crossfade"
- no use of "pause"/"unpause"
- single alsaplayer instance with xosd interface
- file database consists of mp3 and ogg files exclusively

The bug is not reproducable with the file the bug once appeared with.
Once playing speed turned from 1.0 to about 0.5 (not measured,
just estimated by listening) it remains there (maybe even slows down to
0.25, not sure about it), even when removing the playlist content and
playing the "culprit" song again.
I did not test playing another file then, sorry.
In my case, I can not only restart alsaplayer but have to restart the
whole system.
The bug appeared after playing for about an hour but I have been
listening for more hours before and have not "seen" this bug for at
least 2 months. (with no changes to alsaplayer since then)
I switched from Kernel 2.4.x to 2.6.9 about 3 weeks ago.

My "feeling" on this issue is that the bug pops up AFTER playing a
special file which triggers the bug so that only the new file is
affected but does not cause the bug itself. Just a feeling.

Regards,

Frank