List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel]alsaplayer sometimes forgets to play
From:       Ian Lynagh <igloo () earth ! li>
Date:       2004-04-23 16:58:17

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 05:13:31PM +0200, Frank Baumgart wrote:
> >Is it really not guaranteed that alsaplayer will think it's playing by
> >the time ap_add_and_play returns?
>
> Please check with the code, at least I would expect this behaviour.
> Otherwise, think of the following scenarios:
> You want to play some file
> - over http and your modem has to dial up first
> - from CD-ROM which has to spin up first
>
> Of course, you would not want the call to block on that.

OK, the problem is I am wanting a different meaning of "playing" than
ap_is_playing is using. I want to be told "Yes" if alsaplayer is
downloading a file, spinning up a CDROM drive, in the gap between two
files playing or actually playing the file. I only want to be told "No"
if it's sitting there waiting to be told what to do as it's finished
playing its playlist.

Would you be willing to add an ap_is_active (or whatever name you like)
for this?

Thanks
Ian