List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel]Latest CVS commits
From:       Frank Baumgart <godot () uni-paderborn ! de>
Date:       2004-02-23 19:14:31

Hi Andy

> the changes are quite extensive. The whole audio path will have to be
> changed: INPUT, RENDER, OUTPUT.
>
> INPUT:
> All input plugins will have to generate floating point data.

Do you have a plan of keeping alsaplayer suitable to small, embedded
environments with low overall and esp. low floating point performance?
As your focus for alsaplayer will likely hurt my application it would be
nice if you could make a last official release before applying your FP
changes to the main branch.

Regards,

Frank