List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    [Alsaplayer-devel]ESD remote server
From:       Antille Julien <julien.antille () eivd ! ch>
Date:       2003-07-20 14:57:22

Hello,

Since I needed this feature, I wrote a small patch to enable the use of
a remote Esound server. The current Alsaplayer forces the server to
localhost. After patching , I can use :

alsaplayer -o esound -d 192.168.x.x music.mp3

As in the OSS output plugin, the esound_init() now always returns true.
The actual check is done in esound_open() which has the needed parameter
  (const char * path) for the hostname.

To finalize it, I need to know why we use in Main.cpp :

static char *default_pcm_device = "default";

as the default plugin parameter (-d). Does any plugin check for it ? Why
not using a NULL value ?

Regards
Julien Antille

--
"Trains stop at a train station. Buses stop at a bus station. Say ... I
have a workstation on my desk."