List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel]0.99.50-alpha1
From:       Andy Lo A Foe <andy () alsaplayer ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 16:24:18

Hi Richard :-)

Long time yes... :)

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 03:05:47PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:

> The gtk interface works fine, though I notice that the volume control
> doesn't work (not sure about balance), and there are no scopes.

I just fixed volume and balance control, they are now entities of the
Playlist class. Scopes should work, do you see the scope load messages?

> The cli interface starts, sleeps a couple of seconds, and then prints
> "...done playing".  No sound comes out.

Also fixed, the Playlist is paused by default and I forgot to unpause it
in the cli interface.

> Best wishes, (even though I've no time to hack on alsaplayer any more)
>
> PS: have you examined the GStreamer project?  If nothing else, I think
> that they have a reentrant mp3 decoder plugin, so you might want to ask
> them which library it uses...

Cool, I'll check it out. I've looked briefly at GStreamer, it's very
ambitious indeed. But I think it's a bit heavy for the stuff I want to
do. GStreamer looks a lot like the  dmSDK / OpenML (I personally think
dmSDK has a better chance at unifying media handling in the Unix world).

Thanks,
Andy