List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alsaplayer-devel] way too fast
From:       Andy Lo A Foe <andy () alsa-project ! org>
Date:       2000-04-17 20:43:38

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, The Mighty Mike Master wrote:

> the stream is stereo, but it still needs to be knocked down to 50% to be
> played at normal speed. Tell me, does AlsaPlayer also expect the stream to
> be 16-bit? If that's the case, it would explain the other half of the
> slowdown problem

Indeed :-)

It expects 16-bit, stereo streams.

> but it doesn't explain to me why the audio still sounds
> fine at 50%.

Hmm, the resampling algorithm is probably doing the resampling in such a
way that you get semi-correct output at 50% pitch. BTW, an 8->16 bit
conversion routine can be found inside the WAV input plugin.

Regards,
Andy
--
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/