List:       alsaplayer-devel
Subject:    [Alsaplayer-devel] Re: [alsa-user] RE: Trident 4dwaveNX synth
From:       Andy Lo A Foe <andy () alsa-project ! org>
Date:       1999-10-18 18:49:23

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Ingles, Raymond wrote:

>  1. The very latest alsaplayer can apparently use this interface
>     to play MOD files (as I understand it... I haven't actually
>     tried this yet).

The MikMOD plugin doesn't use the 'synth' functions provided by
alsa, it can be done but would require a port of the alpha UltraMOD
synth drivers and some internal hacking for alsaplayer. You would loose
the cool visualization capability though since the synthesizing will be
done in hardware (unless we can somehow plug into the final master out of
the card).

Andy
--
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/