List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] Re: [SLE] lilyPond & KDE
From:       Rene Fertig <rene.fertig () wtal ! de>
Date:       2000-07-31 19:21:04

Hi Luis.

Am Mon, 31 Jul 2000 schriebst Du:
> > I've got a SB 128PCI. I'm using alsa 0.4.1i with the ens1371 driver. I can't
> > play MIDI. Every program I use tells me it could not open /dev/sequencer
> > (except Kmidi which use timidity; this works). Do I have to load soundfont at
> > first?

> May be you must to download the latest ALSA DRIVER (0.5.8b). Donīt forget
I will do this, perhaps this time it will compile ;-)

> Yes you must to load a soundfont after load ALSA module. You will need a
> program called AWESFX, you can get it in RED HAT ftp. site. I donīt know
> why isnīt included in SuSE 6.4. The command is "sfxload".

This may be tru for a AWE, but my card is a SB128PCI and the name (and
contence, of cause) of the soundfont-files differ from that used by sfxload (I
downloaded this package from the Red-Hat-Site). The names are eapic2m.ecw,
eapic4m.ecw and eapic8m.ecw. So there must be another tool for these files,
anybody heared of such?? I've already searched at the creativ-developer site
(whitch linked me to the OSS-Site), but I didn't found anything usefull.

BTW: sfxload complains that it couldn't open /dev/sequencer, too!

Bye, Rene