List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] problems with dynamic sound device filesystem
From:       David Lee Ludwig <davidl () WPI ! EDU>
Date:       2000-07-31 22:35:04

I'm currently having some problems getting ALSA to work properly.  At the
moment, I have the drivers loading properly (sound works), however the
"dynamic sound device filesystem" (devices in /proc/asound/dev) doesn't
work.  More specifically, /proc/asound/dev is never created, although
/proc/asound is.  As such, anything which tries to use the alsa libraries
will fail.

A few details on my setup:
* My kernel version is 2.4.0-test1
* Devfs is compiled into the kernel, however I currently keep it mounted
separately in /devfs.  That is, /dev isn't using devfs (at the
moment.  (Also note, I did run the snddevices script.)
* I'm using the sbawe driver.

Any suggestions?

--
David Ludwig               | "The Linux philosophy is laugh in the face of
davidl<at>wpi.edu          | danger.  Oops.  Wrong One.  'Do it yourself.'

------