List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] Mediatrix AudioTrix Pro
From:       Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin () hermes ! usherb ! ca>
Date:       2000-06-21 5:01:05

Sorry, it's been a while... but I'm still much interrested

> > Does anyone knows whether the AudioTrix Pro card (from Mediatrix) is supported
> > by ALSA? It is supported by OSS Lite (sb driver + special trix driver), but I
> > haven't been able to make it work under ALSA.
>
> Do you know the chipset of this card ? (yes, you may have to open your PC to
> look)
> Is it a full sb compatible ?
>
> You said that it work under oss lite and a special trix driver, does this driver
> come from trix ?

The "trix" driver is part of the standard (Linus) kernel. It's supposed to be in
the commercial OSS, but I never managed to make it work. To use my card with the
OSS/Free drivers (it works fine with the standard kernel OSS/Free) I do:

modprobe sb trix=1
modprobe trix io=0x530 irq=11 dma=1 sb_io=0x220 sb_dma=1 sb_irq=5 joystick=1

It's seems like it's part sb compatible, but not fully. This is probably the
reason I need two drivers. As for the chipset, it's a Mediatrix chipset.

Please answer directly, as I am not on this list. Thanks,

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique