List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] Re: problem solving
From:       Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings () folkwang ! uni-essen ! de>
Date:       2000-02-28 19:48:28

hello jared !

i'm not sure if i got you right, but anyway...

Jared Stanko wrote:

> ok, here is the problem
>
> line in being recorded by a program (sox perhaps (I am willing to use just
> about anything to get this fixed) - I can live with still hearing the output to
> the speakers but I would prefer to lack this

if you have the line slider up, you will hear the line input, no
matter if you record it or not.
set it to zero.
the signal you record is only determined by the capture (or record)
switch. so set line capture to "on".
record gain is controlled by a separate "gain" fader. so you can
record from line even when the line slider is down.

> music playing on pcm (xmms), and output to the speakers but not being recorded
> by the program recording the line in
if you play digital sources, they don't reach the line in.
set the capture flag of the master or pcm channel instead.

hope this helps,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier