List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] RE: What ? How ? When ?
From:       Ari Gold <ARIG () Amdocs ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 13:10:20

hello hello

on behalf of all us geeks, welcome to linux.. ;>

while i just recently joined the alsa list and havent enough knowledge to
help you out from the technical side of things, there are a few things that
could use clearning up ...

first - you need to be more specific with your problem.  you need to include
prints of error messages and what kind of machine you are running and what
setup you have and what does work and what doesnt work as specifically as
you can.

this leads nicely to
second - linux doesnt work like microsoft.  there is nobody to complain to..
everyone does things Not For Profit ($$) so to speak.  that being said,
things still get done.  it takes a bit of motivation and dedication and some
other things.  i agree that things could be much easier for the novice.. but
that dont do nothing.  to get shit done you have to work with one of the
distributions (like slackware or debian or redhat or whathaveyou) or start a
new one up yourself.

thats enough philosophizing for now.  youd like your sound to work : my
suggestion is to reask your question with as much technical detail as you
can provide.

last note: thats one of the differences between microsoft and linux -> you
can ask questions to free communities of developers ("free" in many ways)
and, with persistence and some luck, youll get answers you're looking for.
forget about all the other benefits of linux..

i hope that helped some ,
best of luck geoff..

ari
arigold@bigfoot.com <mailto:arigold@bigfoot.com>