List:       alsa-user
Subject:    [alsa-user] What ? How ? When ?
From:       "Geoff Beasley" <songshop2 () globalfreeway ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-02-29 10:49:03

What gives with LINUX ?  I've got both Slackware 4 and Mandrake 6.5 =
(MacMillan) and I can't make head nor tales of anything..... Howto, =
manuals, help......it's all gobbledegook !!  I installed the latest ALSA =
drivers and I've got no sound, no mixer, I followed the steps in the =
quick install text and half the things  I was supposed to do\find either =
wasn't there or were not pointed to in the literature. Guy's we aren't =
all GEEKS here in computerland... but you know what,  most of us have =
suffered at the hands of King Gates and want tio see him fade into hell =
!! We wont see that however while the LINUX community assumes that =
everyone knows how to program UNIX ! I've been using MicroCrap products =
and computers for 15 + years and I've never been more confused or =
frustrated......no sound, no idea, no good.

What do I do now ??