List:       alsa-devel
Subject:    [alsa-devel] Re: adatpcr
From:       Jaymz Julian <jaymz () dspaudio ! com>
Date:       2001-04-14 18:41:30

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, ljp wrote:

> adat/edit card..... but if there actually IS a working driver for it,.. I'd
> rather keep it.
> :)

short version of a complex story:

about 12 months ago, I wrote a driver for the card based on also 0.56, and
posted a link to a patch herte.  I believe that the clueless dspaudio
managment made it available from our web page (do *NOT* get me started on
the web page.... I could rant on for days about that right now l;).

despite what the page says, playback works, but recording is broken in
soime cases.  I can't remember if trigger worked.  There is no support for
adat messages at all, only playing audio.

I do not have access to the cards right now, but basically all of the
information that I nmanaged to get from alesis (which was not much ;) is
in the header files for that driver.

The adat messages are imp-lented in their windows driver, afaict, trhough
a stanard midiish fifo.  the card is very braindead, shall we say ;)

email me if you want more details

	- Jaymz

------