List:       alsa-devel
Subject:    [alsa-devel] PCM block mode
From:       Anders Torger <torger () ludd ! luth ! se>
Date:       2000-02-25 21:17:49

Have I understood things correctly if I believe that for each and every fragment
should one interrupt be generated, and snd_pcm_transfer_done() be run? I ask,
because with the RME Digi96 the highest interrupt frequency is every 2
kilobytes, yeilding a minimum fragment size of 2 k, thus *long* delay.

On an entirely different subject, I think I have discovered an error in the new
(preliminary documentation), on pcm.html: "For example, an 8 kHz sampling rate
permits the recording of a signal in which the highest frequency is less than 4
kHz. Higher frequency signals must be filtered out before feeding them to
>>DAC<<."

Shouldn't it be ADC?

--
/Anders Torger