List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] posts to Alpine-info (fwd)
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2020-10-23 21:30:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On 23/10/2020 21.20, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2020, Gregory Heytings wrote:
>
>> This has nothing to do with your problem.   To solve your problem, you
>> need to use the laposte.net SMTP servers when you send mails from your
>> @laposte.net mail address.   That's all.
>>
>> To do this with Alpine, you need to put the appropriate information in
>> the
>> "SMTP Server (for sending)" field in Alpine's configuration screen
>> (accessed with M S C), or, if your @laposte.net address in one of your
>> "roles"
>
> Yes, I second the use of roles.
> You could select the From and the SMTP server at the same time.

Or, assuming you are using Linux and have Postfix installed, you can
configure the local Postfix to handle it, based on the "from:..." address.

I have Postfix choose what external SMTP server to choose, based on what
is the "from" address in the email, selecting the appropriate
authentication as well. I don't let Alpine or Thunderbird send email
themselves.

Gmail can be coached into sending another address of yours. At least the
generic gmail.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.