List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] OAUTH - was Re:  fetchmail
From:       Eduardo Chappa <alpine.chappa () yandex ! com>
Date:       2020-06-13 17:03:08

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> Brandon Long <blong@google.com> works for Google and added the
> OAUTHBEARER support to mutt. IIRC he believes this does what is needed.
> I'm pretty sure he is the person we need to convince.

I have had conversations with Brandon about this, and he is not the person
in charge of this. Brandon has communicated, in the past, to me the
position of Google in regards to certain aspects of Google's policies
regarding XOAUTH2. I believe Brandon supports that Alpine be a verified
app, but he cannot do anything in terms of policy decisions in Google that
do not allow anyone with a gmail.com address create client-id and
client-secrets.

We need to talk to a higher person than Brandon.

--
Eduardo