List:       alpine-info
Subject:    [Alpine-info] crash when window is unexpectedly resized
From:       Paul <lists () pote ! com>
Date:       2019-06-07 13:26:49

This issue is hard but not impossible to reproduce.

I'm running Alpine 2.21 with the full set of Chappa patches in a
mate-terminal window in the i3 tiling window manager. A couple of other
windows share the screen, vertically stacked. When one of them gets
closed, the others are automatically resized to fill the vacated space.

When this happens, Alpine in its message index view crashes, telling me:

free(): invalid pointer
zsh: abort      alpine

I'm sure it's the window manager or the terminal that's misbehaving
somehow.

 	Paul