List:       alpine-info
Subject:    RE: [Alpine-info] re-alpine and alpine
From:       "Janice C. Granberg" <janicecg () uw ! edu>
Date:       2010-09-10 21:55:46

The University of Washington regrets that we no longer have resources available to \
continue development of Alpine, but we encourage others to carry on.  As you know, \
Alpine is released under the Apache II license, so there should be no impediments to \
others doing so. Note that, unlike with Pine, we deliberately chose not to trademark \
the "Alpine" name.  As such, the UW has no objection to the name "Alpine" being used \
in perpetuity for the continuation of the project.

We will also continue to host the "Alpine-info" Mailman list for use in communicating \
about the usage and development of Alpine.

Thanks, Janice

Janice Granberg
Manager, Applications Engineering
UW Information Technology