List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] configuration question
From:       kap4lin <kap4lin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-07 15:30:47

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Barry Landy <bl10@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Neil Hepburn wrote:
>
> :>Greetings
> :>
> :>I am new to Alpine and am trying to configure it to work with my university's
> :>IMAP mail servers.   I have everything working except saving stuff to the
> :>server. For example, I would like it to save copies of sent mail (FCC) to the
> :>sent-mail folder on the IMAP server. I would also like to save/move messages
> :>from the inbox to other folders on the IMAP server. However, I am only able to
> :>save them locally in the Mail folder on my local machine. Since I work from
> :>two or three different computers, I would like to keep everything on the IMAP
> :>server. Is this possible? If so, what I am I missing?
>
> You can set up a folder collection on the server
>
> M (enu)
> S (etup)
> L (coLlection)
> you then type in a name for the collection and the route to the server
> followed by your login name , eg
> imap.ualberta.ca/user=fred

Depending on the IMAP sever, user=neil@some.univ.edu/ssl is needed.
These days, univs are 'outsourcing' their email servers to Google /
Microsoft and we all know the quality of their IMAP implementation :(
I've to use outlook.com, and it ain't good!

Anyways, for FCC : M S C
then change "Default Fcc" to
{imap.some.univ.edu/user=neil@some.univ.edu/ssl}Sent
(or whatever is you sent mail folder on the server. You may also want
to set Postponed folder and Trash Folder similarly)

--
Regards
Kap4Lin