List:       alpine-info
Subject:    [Alpine-info] Web Alpine - Non-standard https port - redirect issues
From:       Nikolaus Hiebaum <news () hiebaum ! org>
Date:       2009-10-02 1:08:15

Hi,

Another try ... maybe some Alpine guru reads here.

The server I am using for Web Alpine does not answer on the standard ports for
http and https but on different ones.

In the alpine.tcl file I thus entered the port
# MUST specify SSL/TLS connection
set _wp(serverport)     8095
set _wp(serverpath)     https://[file join [join [eval list \
$_wp(servername) $_wp(serverport)] :] $_wp(urlprefix)]

If I enter https://myserver.com:8095/alpine, the server answers and redirect to
https://myserver.com/alpine/session/greeting.tcl. In the process of
redirecting, the server port info gets lost and thus the request doesn't go
through.

I tried "set _wp(serverport)     8095" and "set _wp(serverport) {8095}" but it
never works.

How do I set the port for redirect to remeber the port?

-- nick