List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] Moving messages between IMAP folders
From:       Joshua Pruitt <josh.pruitt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-08 20:35:17

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Deke Clinger wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Joshua Pruitt wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I looked through the mailing list archive and wasn't able to find an
>> answer to my question.
>>
>> I found out how to move messages between local folders but not between
>> IMAP folders.
>>
>> For example, when I get a message in my Inbox in my Gmail account I want
>> to read it and then move it to my Gmail/Archive folder.
>>
>> However, when I select the message and then use the move command the
>> folders listed are local folders.
>>
>> How do I move a message from one IMAP folder to another IMAP folder?
>
> IMAP folders are likely in a different collection than local folders:
> try ctrl-P or ctrl-N to change collections and see if you see your
> IMAP folders that way.
>
> -Deke

That worked, except that when I select the folder Gmail which contains the
Archive folder I get a message stating that I am browsing "the empty
folder Gmail."

Gmail uses the Gmail IMAP folder to list functional folders.

The folder Gmail isn't empty; it contains several functional folders such
as Archived Messages, Sent Messages and Deleted Items.

How do I make Alpine list the subfolders instead of telling me that the
folder "Gmail" is empty?

Josh