List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] Can alpine display character sets like pine did?
From:       "M.RossARR" <mrossarr () nixsyspaus ! org>
Date:       2009-06-03 4:21:19

> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, jef moskot wrote:
> I made a little progress by adding this to my .pinerc file:
> display-character-set=ISO-8859-1
>
> (Apparently, it was previously defaulting to US-ASCII.)

Alpine should not need a character-set entry from what I read; the
three new charset configs: keyboard, posting, unknown, yes! But, it
seems defaults can be unreliable. Messages can fool mime.

>From what you describe, though utf-8 should work, try using
iso-8859-15!

--
The Best To You & Yours,
M. Ross All Rights Reserved

--
U.S. Senators are bought & paid for by special
interest lobby! They should work for the states!

And Think About It!

---end-of-message---