List:       alpine-info
Subject:    [Alpine-info] More S/MIME headaches
From:       "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm () prime ! gushi ! org>
Date:       2009-06-01 22:31:30

[Attachment #2 (MULTIPART/signed)]

well, I'm happy to say I've got S/Mime working, mostly, with a thawte
certificate.

I can encrypt messages, and I can sign them.  I can then both rea What is
failing is EITHER sending both encrypted and signed messages, or
decrypting messages which have been both decrypted and signed.

I get:

[ This message was cryptographically signed. ]

[ Part 1, "S/MIME Encrypted Message"  Application/PKCS7-MIME (Name:
"smime.p7m") 874 bytes. ]
[ This part is a PKCS7 S/MIME enclosure. Press "^E" for more
information. ]

(and at the bottom, for a moment)

[Couldn't load PKCS7 object: unknown error]

Is there anyone around who uses S/MIME who can send me something signed
(so I get your cert), and then send me something encrypted AND signed so I
can tell if it's an issue with the encryption, or the decryption?

-Dan Mahoney