List:       alpine-info
Subject:    Re: [Alpine-info] Re: How to quell offer to advance to next thread
From:       Eduardo Chappa <chappa () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2008-12-30 6:57:36

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

:) > try seeing if enabling it does something closer to what you want to
:) > happen.
:)
:) Thanks for the suggestion Eduardo...
:)
:) Trouble is that causes alpine to assume I do want to automatically read
:) the next thread and therefore it won't ask. What I need for it to do is
:) to assume that I NEVER want to be moved to the next thread unless I
:) used tab to find the next new...

Right, I understand what your problem is. The reason why I suggested what
I did was because in essenece "Down arrow" followed by "Up arrow" would be
faster than "down arrow" press "n" to "no" to cancel. After 2 years, it
may become second nature ;).

The only workaround that I see is to patch the code to avoid the question
at all.

--
Eduardo
http://staff.washington.edu/chappa/alpine/