List:       alice
Subject:    Re: [alice] alice and YP -Configuration
From:       Andreas Weber <andreas.weber () student ! uni-ulm ! de>
Date:       2002-04-24 14:45:44

Hi Jens,

Jens Kruse wrote:

> What am I missing:
>
> * ypbind isn't started
> * no /etc/yp.conf

There is another module called make_ypbind, which generates
/etc/yp.conf.

> * two more NIS Servers from my config
>
> The parameters in /etc/rc.config look like this:
>
> CREATE_YP_CONF="yes"
> YP_DOMAINNAME="company.de"
> YP_SERVER="10.20.132.241"
> START_YPBIND="yes"
>
> though my parameters in company.network.tcf look like this
>
> <NETWORK_NIS_YPSERVER>10.20.132.241 10.10.241.1 \
> 10.20.132.240</NETWORK_NIS_YPSERVER>
> <NETWORK_NIS_YPDOMAIN>company.de</NETWORK_NIS_YPDOMAIN>

This is because of the missing double quotes around the parameters in
the calls to RC_CONFIG_SET in the script make_nis (and make_ypbind).
Unfortunately, this requires building a new alice-RPM to solve the
problem (or some sort of workaround).

Regards,

Andreas