List:       alice
Subject:    RE: [alice] Problems with <SYS_PARTITION_DISK_sda>
From:       DavidBergen () gmx ! de
Date:       2002-04-13 13:10:35

Hi,
i have any questions.

>> in my info file "final.sys.tcf" in the /info-directory are the following
>> lines to my partitions:
>>
>> <SYS_REMOVE_PARTITION>
>> /dev/sda 1 2 3
>> </SYS_REMOVE_PARTITION>
>> this lines are for remove the three old partitions on the hd : sda1=SWAP,
>> sda2=/boot and sda3=/.
>>
>> And the next lines to create the new partitions sda1, sda2, sda3 and
sda5.
>> <SYS_PARTITION_DISK_sda>
>> /boot 100 num=1 id=83 fsys=ext2
>> SWAP 1000 num=2 id=82
>> / 5000 num=3 id=83 fsys=ext3
>> /home 0 num=5 id=83 fsys=ext3
>> </SYS_PARTITION_DISK_sda>
What say the variable id=83 and id=82, must i set this id?
Must i define the tag <SYS_PART_sda> or the tag </SYS_PARTITION_DISK_sda>?
What are the differences between this tags?

>> But when i start the automatic installation with the generated bootdisk
>> (make_inst_disk final), the installation break by the step when the
>> harddisk will creates the partitions. YaST1 show me the old partition
>> configuration with the partitions sda1=SWAP, sda2=/boot and sda3=/.
>>
>> Where are the new partition configuration, the i have created whith
>> <SYS_PARTITION_DISK_sda>?
>a part in in the info-file on the bootdisk, another file called sda.p*
>is also in the boot-disk with the data form <SYS_PARTITON_DISK_sda>
On my bootdisk, i not find the file called sda.p* and no part for the hd
partition in the final.info file on the bootdisk.
What make i uncorrect?

Thank for your help!
David

http://www.gmx.net