List:       alice
Subject:    [alice] lvm-mod and Kernel
From:       Tom Becker <tjb () rzg ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2002-04-09 11:36:17

Hi all

Always when I installed a new System with ALICE and LVM support it
failed at the Beginning.
The reason was that the module lvm-mod.o wasn't loaded.
Unfortunatly it is not packed inside modules or modules2 ($I/disks/).
So make_inst_disk couldn't find it. Now I've inserted it and no
other problems occured concerning this.
My Problem is that there is not enough space on the disk to include
reiserfs and lvm-mod.
Someone wrote that there is no need to include reiserfs
(SYS_INSMOD_MODULES)
but this does not work for me (I get a similar error like if I don't
include lvm-mod).

Is there a way to use a self-made (minimal) Kernel that supports LVM,
reiserfs and the other
needed stuff by default? I've already tried to do this but with no
success.

Can anyone help or tell me how he/she did solve this?

thanks

Tom Becker