List:       alice
Subject:    Howto run script AFTER execution of make_all ...?
From:       Hans Fangohr <fangohr () soton ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-04-26 18:46:33

Hi,

following the tips I got from this very helpful list (thanks to all
again!), I have now an automated installation of one machine, using kernel
2.4.0. It doesn't reboot in the process anymore (and make_all is
executed).

However, since on the boot floppy there is kernel 2.2.18 the newly
installed system after the execution of make_all is running kernel
2.2.18. To get the new kernel 2.4 (as installed on harddisk) one has to
reboot the machine.

Is there a way of automizing this final reboot ?

If alice would take a script which is run after make_all (a
POST_POST_SCRIPT) then this would solve the problem.

Is there anything like this available/planned?

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Hans Fangohr

High Performance Computing Group
Department of Electronics and Computer Science
Building 59, Level 3, Room 3237
and
Quantum and Functional Matter Group
Department of Physics and Astronomy