List:       alexandria-dev
Subject:    Re: Tinderbox style functionality for Alexandria
From:       burtonator <burton () relativity ! yi ! org>
Date:       2000-09-22 11:10:03

Jeff Martin wrote:

> It shouldn't be to difficult to add an entry to the cvs markup which points
> to an Ant build file for each project. Each project can then be built buy
> alexandria. Also because Ant builds can be logged to XML it's possible to
> create an HTML report on the status of the build. The next step from this
> would be to link in with cvs annotate to provide blame information about the
> failure of the build. There is a furthur stage to this which is to use the
> JUnit task to manage unit test. Again this can output XML which can be
> formatted into an HTML report.
>
> If I get time I'm going to make a stab at the first stages of this.
<snip>

Sam Ruby was workign on a separate project for this under IBM for Apache
stuff.  I am wondering what he is willing to do about this.  I would
certainly be +1 for this.

We also need a facility for determining when things fail...  If a build
fails this should be in a central location but also in the entry for
that project.

Kevin

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
           http://relativity.yi.org | http://www.openprivacy.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.