List:       alexandria-dev
Subject:    [Cactus - GUMP] Question on dependency
From:       "Vincent Massol" <vmassol () octo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-25 0:48:48

I am doing a major refactoring of Cactus directory structure ... But
before I go on and break everything I'd like to make it will work fine
with GUMP.

Here is my proposal in a few words :

Jakarta-cactus
  |_ anttasks
    |_ build.xml
  |_ framework
    |_ build.xml
  |_ sample-servlet
    |_ build.xml
  |_ sample-j2ee
    |_ build.xml
  |_ website
    |_ build.xml

  |_ build.xml

The Jakarta-cactus/build.xml file is the master one that is calling all
the other ones using the <ant> Task. It will have a "nightly" target
that will call all the other build.xml files in the following sequence :
anttasks, framework (parameter = j2ee 1.2), framework (parameter = j2ee
1.3), sample-servlet, sample-j2ee and website and will then generate a
single distributable file : Jakarta-cactus-YYYYMMDD.zip containing the
results from the execution of the "dist" targets of all sub build.xml
files.

At some point in the past there was an issue with GUMP and Cactus WRT to
the Ant custom tasks. I can't remember exactly why but Sam had to write
the cactus xml project file for GUMP in 3 groups : cactus-ant, cactus-22
and cactus-23.

The question is : Would the above work ? Can it be defined with only one
GUMP <project> descriptor ?

Thanks for your time.
-Vincent