List:       aixtoolbox-list
Subject:    [tbox-l] Running CATIA V4 under KDE or GNOME desktop on AIX 5.1
From:       "Yuriy Dudko" <ydudko () vistagy ! com>
Date:       2004-02-02 15:55:02

Hello,
I have a problem running CATIA V4 either under KDE
or GNOME desktop environment. In 24 bpp (bits-per-pixel)
mode of X server I could not see anything in CATIA V4
drawing area (other parts of CATIA V4 Motif user interface
like pulldown menus and function palette work fine) - it is
completely black. If I run X server in 8 bpp mode, all colors
in CATIA V4 are completely off: e.g. instead of black background
in drawing area I see yellow etc. Note that I do not have any
problems with CATIA V4 colors under CDE desktop environment
(both in 8 bpp and 24 bpp modes). Could somebody provide
any insights why CATIA V4 has no problems under CDE and could
not display correct colors under KDE/GNOME? I would appreciate
any insights on this problem.

Some relevant info about my system (as provided by /usr/sbin/prtconf)

System Model: IBM,9114-275
Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER4
CPU Type: 64 bit
Kernel Type: 32 bit
Graphics Adapter: GXT 4500P

AIX level 5100-05 (as given by oslevel -r): AIX 5.1 at maintenance level 5
bos.mp is at level 5.1.0.57

KDE version 3.0
GNOME version 2.2.1

Yuriy.