List:       aixtoolbox-list
Subject:    Re: [tbox-l] samba version update
From:       David Clissold <cliss () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-12-04 23:46:42

OK.  I tried it also on a 5.1 system, and it builds fine there as well.
So it's just the later 4.3.3 maintenance that needs a patch if you want
to build your own, or it might work without a patch if you use
-D_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT (though I haven't verified that; I don't
have a system at that level.)

The binaries built with the corrections (except the strndup patch) have
been uploaded and should appear within an hour or two in
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox/RPMS/samba
(the images will be revision 2.2.7-2).

David Clissold,   IBM Austin
cliss@us.ibm.com

Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org>@www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com on