List:       aixtoolbox-list
Subject:    Re: [tbox-l] (no subject)
From:       Marc Stephenson <marc () austin ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-06-05 12:17:19

Where did you get this version of StarOffice?  If it's an actual Linux
binary, it will not run - it needs to be recompiled for AIX.  We have
people working on StarOffice now - it's still under development

Usually I see permissions of 777 on symbolic links - it's odd to see that
on an actual file.  If setup is a symlink, run ls -Ll on it to see
the characterisitcs of the actual file.

Marc

> ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C0EDAE.A88D5160
>
> Hello,
> I'm Jerome Doublet, a french system ingenior.
> I've installed the Linux toolbox on an AIX 4.3.3.
> I can run the gnome desktop and the associated applications. All seems > working good.
> But, I try to install StarOffice 5.2 on this AIX machine.
> I run the StarOffice Setup and get the message :
> "setup : 0403-006 Execution rights refused"
>
> I check the rights : 777
> I don't understand.
>
> Have you ever installed StarOffice with this tools an AIX?
> Could you help me please?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jerome.

Marc Stephenson		                          IBM Server Group - Austin, TX
Internet:  marc@austin.ibm.com                          NOTES: marcs@us.ibm.com
Phone:   512-327-5670                                              T/L 678-3189