List:       aixtoolbox-list
Subject:    [toolbox-l] Aix Toolbox - PythonGTK
From:       Paul_Keith () ten-distribution ! com
Date:       2001-03-26 12:37:46

Hi Folks,

I have been trying, with little sucess, to compile the PyGTK bindings using the
AIX Toolbox on AIX v4.3.3 maint level 7.
I have read your comments at the back of the README document concerning run-time
linking, but I am having no sucess during the 'make' process - it appears as
though the 'libttool' component fails to pick up the linker attributes. If I
attempt to use the following, I can get a shared module which is recognizable by
python, but I get a segmentation violation core dump trying to run it.

ld-so-aix gcc -Wl,-brtl -lglib -lgtk -lgdk -lgthread

The question is, am I doing something wrong here, (other than spending too much
time trying to get linux code running on AIX), or is there a dynamic linker
limitation?? Otherwise, does anybody at Austin have a working version of PyGTK,
please???

Thanks.